IrinaZ

The Apothecary's Garden
Julie Bozza

Brute

Brute - Kim Fielding
Brute is one of the best fairy tales I've ever read.

While reading it, I kept thinking that if we've had more stories like that for older children and teenagers, where two men fall in love and sacrifice everything for each other, the new generation might grow up accepting and understanding homosexuality better.

There's so much goodness in this book. Aric is an unforgettable character that sets a perfect example. He's a giant with the heart as big as the rest of him. And his beauty is in kindness and humanity.

“You, my friend, carry a burden better than any man I have met. Nearly anyone can carry a rock, although I imagine you carried bigger ones than most could manage. I mean the burden of caring. You care deeply for those around you. Even those who might do you harm.”

Aric reminded me of John from Green Mile - the movie I love with all my heart.

Kim Fielding creates a fascinating world. I found myself spellbound by her writing and imagination. All the descriptions of places, traditions and myths add an irresistible charm to the story. I felt like a kid reading a beautiful fairy tale. And, in that regard, I really like the way Sofia tells about it.

Overall, a very enjoyable read. If you're looking for a lot of steam, then it's probably not the right choice. But when you're up for an enchanting love-conquers-all romance, then don't hesitate - go ahead and read it!

***4.5 stars***