IrinaZ

The Apothecary's Garden
Julie Bozza

The Mating of Michael

The Mating of Michael - Eli Easton
“Relationships end until the one that doesn’t."

I'm usually not the one for writing long reviews, but I don't think I can avoid it here. Also, in order for my thoughts to make sense, there might be spoilers ahead. And I've used a lot of quotes here.

So, Michael.

Sweet, kind, compassionate, beautiful inside and out. I couldn't blame him for the profession he chose. If anything, his impulse and desire to help people in need had endeared him to me.
“Uh-huh. You can’t fool me. The kind of compassion you have is like a diamond—won under tremendous pressure. Well, whatever fire forged you, you are special. You’re a jewel.”

Michael's mistake was to keep it secret, but I can also understand his fear of being pushed away because of it. Even though that wonderful old woman, Marnie, was so right. Again.. (God, what a character!)
“Well, if Mr. Writer is the one, then he will understand about the surrogacy. And if he doesn’t, and you can both walk away, then it wasn’t meant to be.”

Michael accepted and fell in love with James just as he is. Surely he deserved the same in return. Because
“There was nothing worse than being rejected for who you really were.”

Now James.

He's a character I fell in love with. Intelligent, strong and proud, with quiet dignity, James is also shy and painfully insecure. And he is a survivor. The traumas, both physical and psychological, he'd lived through, didn't break him. And I loved him for it. My heart was sobbing for a little boy and all he had to endure so early in his life.

Can I just add here - so many women desperately want to be mothers and they'd sacrifice so much to have a child.. And then there are some, that are lucky to experience the motherhood, but don't even deserve to be called mothers. There's no excuse for abandoning your own child. It doesn't matter to the little one whether you're rich or poor, what problems bother you, what are your future plans. All he needs is his mother's love and safety of being with her. This subject just breaks my heart...

I think James and Michael are a perfect match. Two soulmates. They make each other complete. And theirs is a wholesome love, capable of healing and forgiveness. I went through the turmoil of emotions reading it, but I enjoyed their beautiful story immensely.

Another thing I loved is the writing about writing. It allowed me to have a glimpse behind the curtains of authors' lives and feelings. We, readers, use Goodreads to our advantage. But have we actually stopped to think how it affects the authors? As a reader, I always appreciate an honest review, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for authors that get a lot of negativity for their hard work.
“A lot of writers are sensitive. But there’s not much you can do about a bad review—at least nothing that doesn’t lead to addiction or arrest.”

Isn't it the truth!

And that story within the story... Lamb. Just brilliant!

My one and only complain - I've run out of Kleenex.

Other than that, [b:The Mating of Michael|22370569|The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle, #3)|Eli Easton|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1401375007s/22370569.jpg|41781960] is truly amazing and I loved everything about it! Highly recommend!

To my BR companion, Lena - thank you!