IrinaZ

IrinaZ

The Apothecary's Garden
Julie Bozza

Love Unscripted

Love Unscripted - Tina Reber Ok, it's been a long while when I could not finish a book. And I've managed only a half of Love Unscripted. I cannot even explain why it didn't keep me interested. It's either the story that is too predictable and cliche or a simple writing style but I got bored quickly. I have once promised myself not to judge a book by it's first chapters, and so I kept reading but by the page 200 I figured it's time to give it up.

Don't get me wrong, if you are into some really sweet story without much of a drama then it's probably for you. But I like my books more intense, with some dilemmas to solve, mistakes to correct and characters to evolve. Then I find a read fulfilling. Otherwise I feel empty. I was surprised that it's a New Adult book when actually I can think of many Young Adult books that were more "mature".

But that's just my opinion. Clearly lots of readers enjoy the series. Maybe one day I'll find it in me to go back and finish it to see if I was missing something by giving it up. But for now, I'll pass.