IrinaZ

IrinaZ

The Apothecary's Garden
Julie Bozza

Lover Reborn

Lover Reborn - J.R. Ward That was one very long installment! I can't believe how many pages it took for Tohr to leave his past behind. At times he annoyed me so much I was frustrated. Having said that, I could understand his struggle and neverending pain, and wished he could get over it faster.

I couldn't help but feel very sorry for Autumn. I wished she was not so soft and sacrificing. She was, indeed, making a victim of herself and I wanted to reach out and shake her many times during a book. But that was the idea and it worked out in the end (thank God for that!)

As to Q and B, it's just heartbreaking! I think, by this point even the most homophobic readers would feel that the love and bond between those two are so strong that it doesn't matter what gender they are - they MUST have their own story. And by the little hint at the very end of the book, I got the impression that the next installment should be theirs (finally!).

I also liked a new character Assail. I think he's got a good potential to have his own book eventually. Sames goes for Lassiter and even Throe. I'm not sure what to think of Xcor, though, and it will be nice to find out whether he'll turn into an enemy or redeem himself in the future.

It was a treat to read about all the Brothers in this book. Their friendship and loyalty to each other is something that will always hold this series together. And because of that, I would love to read more and more about them in the future.

So well done, J.R. Ward, for another lovely book of BDB! But please, please, don't let us all wait any longer for the Q & B's story! It's long overdue and with all this anticipation it must be the best yet!