IrinaZ

IrinaZ

The Apothecary's Garden
Julie Bozza

Glitterland

Glitterland - Alexis Hall This is one of those books that stands out. Not only it's slightly different, it's also a love or hate book. I can see how readers could be annoyed by the accent or health issues, or a level of intellect, but to me, it was quite dear. First of all, I liked that it's set in England, where I live, visit Brighton, shop at Sainsburys or Marks and Spencer's and watch Strictly Come Dancing. Oh, and don't forget, deal with the accent, too. :) Second, I have a soft spot for 'broken' people, who want to live a normal fulfilling life and be happy just like any of us do. We are all flawed, some more than the others, but everyone deserves to have a chance, to love and be loved in return. That's what this book is about, and I liked it. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it made me think..

The reason I don't rate it 5 stars is because I had some issues with both Ash and Darian on occasion. It took me the whole book to understand them, but in the end I wanted a little bit more. That aside, the book is wonderful. I found myself highlighting a lot of quotes, and re-reading some passages. To me it was witty, eye-opening and thought-provoking.