IrinaZ

IrinaZ

The Apothecary's Garden
Julie Bozza

In Bed With the Devil (Avon Romantic Treasure)

In Bed With the Devil (Avon Romantic Treasure) - Lorraine Heath ***4.5 stars***

I must admit I went into it without much enthusiasm. Having not read any Regency romance for a while now, I've had quite low expectations of this, and during the first two chapters almost put it aside. But then suddenly it picked my interest and had me turning pages in delicious anticipation.

I forgot how brilliant this author is. Her [b:Texas Destiny|1814627|Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1)|Lorraine Heath|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1309286770s/1814627.jpg|462221] is one of my all-time favourite historical romances. The writing is crisp and sophisticated, effortless and graceful. It is an absolute pleasure to read.

“You don’t care what people think,” he said.
“Of course I care. To a certain extent we all care, but we can’t care to the point that we live in fear of others’ opinions, that we allow them to change who we are. We must be willing to stand up and defend what represents the very core of our being. Otherwise what is the purpose of individuality? We’d be nothing but imitations of each other, and I daresay we’d all be rather boring.”

And I daresay my silly romantic heart has been fully satisfied.

So well, in fact, that I'm eager to start the next instalment right away.